Across Generations Project
1. Interviewer contacts JFSR Co-Editors and Submissions Editor to notify them that she is working on an interview and to confirm that someone else is not working with the particular path-making scholar already.
2. Submit the transcribed interview and/or video interview to the Submissions Editor of JFSR. At this time also submit the release form signed by both the interviewee and the interviewer/s.
3. The Submissions Editor will notify the Co-Editors and then forward the submission to the Across Generations editors for that year (one volunteer member of the JFSR board and one volunteer member of the Web board). They will do two things:
a. Confirm that the interview does not contradict the mission statement and general guidelines for submission to JFSR
b. Decide where the interview will be published. The options are:
1. On the website only (all videos and some transcribed)
2. In the Journal first (in print) and then on the website (this option is for highly effective/significant transcribed interviews that will then be archived on the web)
3. On the web first (in video) and then in the Journal (if the board members feel the interview is highly effective/significant and should to be transcribed for the Journal).
c. The appropriate editors will handle things from there.
Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion Across Generations Project
Interview Approval Form
Name of person being interviewed:
Name of person(s) doing the interviewing:
Date of the interview:
Format of Interview (circle those that apply): video transcription audio
Approval of Interview by Interviewee:
I have reviewed the interview in the above noted formats and I approve its content. I understand that after an editorial process, during which I will be consulted on any changes, this interview may be presented to the public by the Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion—whether in print in the journal* or on the website of the Feminist Studies in Religion, Inc.—as part of the Across Generations Project.
* In the case of publication in the journal, the Interviewee and Interviewer(s) will also be contacted to sign the standard JFSR publishing permissions form for authors.
Back to the Across Generations Mainpage